instagram pinterest

Friday, March 15, 2024

I got a dog...why aren't there a lot of dog friendly places?

 

If you are not a friend from Facebook or an original reader/follower of A City Girl Story blog, you might not know one of many jokes I reference: 'I will get a dog before I get a man.' It's been a year, and I finally got a dog!  I couldn't imagine not having Finni (like Finland) in my life! 

She is a one-year-old shepherd/collie mutt with folding ears and a not-so-wiggly but happy tail.  She loves kisses, the mud/water, and squirrels.  She is not the best walker, so we go to a lot of dog parks.  She is happy to be outside or looking for bunnies or squirrels! 

After a year of dog ownership, I understand the world of dog owners and how to adapt, but I haven't quite figured out how to travel, enjoy the area, and bring my dog. 

Since getting Finni, we have taken a few overnight trips, including to Upper Michigan (another state off my list), and I realized there are only a few dog-friendly places.  I was convinced that every brewery allowed dogs, nope.  I understand there are no dog-friendly places. I would like to have some options for dog-friendly places.  And I know- leave the dog.  But you know what?  I was always going to be that dog owner who would bring her dog when she could.  It's one of the reasons I got her. 

So, I am on the hunt for dog-friendly places.  I'm not just talking breweries or places to eat (honestly, I wouldn't bring my dog into a restaurant).  I'm talking coffee shops and ice cream places to allow her inside so I don't have to tie her up outside because I would not do that, and thus, I wouldn't be going into the ice cream place.  Also, hotels and airbnbs-it would have been really nice if we found an Airbnb in Upper Michigan that allowed dogs so we could have meals inside instead of eating in the car or on the hotel bed.  

 We will find a few dog-friendly places or adapt to the limitations of having a dog with you when you're on a road trip or day trip, and hopefully, we will share them when we find them!





blogger template